Worn camshaft

POSTED BY CBT Team ON 16 May 2014


I need assistance to get a genuine part for my 1981 Honda Accord 1.6.

I bought the car new and have been driving it since.

Over the last two months or so, I noticed some irritating knocking sound coming from the engine compartment.

I sent my car to my regular and long-time mechanic and he confirmed the problem to be a worn camshaft.

He has been unable to source for the part.

It is my fervent hope that you can give me some sort of lead as to where/how to obtain the said cam shaft.

Jimmy Ng
Reply: Have you tried the local franchise holders?

The alternative would be to contact the used parts people and see if they can find the part for you.

Sometimes they may require you to bring the original part to them for comparison.